Skip to main content
Get your brand new Wikispaces Classroom now
and do "back to school" in style.
Pages and Files
Module A Technology as a Teaching Tool
Module B Web20 Online Texts
Module C Introduction to the Collaborative Use of Technology
Module D Teaching Activities Using ICT
Research into the use of technology
2015 ETA EXT 2
2017 ETA AOS
Dallas Southwest BLC 2012
Module E Ways Students can use Technology to Create
Module F Poetry, Writing and ICT
Module G Open ended and Integrated Assessment
Module H Using ICT to Enrich HSC Learning
Module I How to use ICT to enrich the teaching of Shakespeare
Module J ICT to Facilitate Peer Feedback
Add "All Pages"
Cyber safety in and beyond the classroom
Cyber safety refers to the responsible use of technology and includes issues of gaming addiction. This includes the issues of safety around the internet - cyber bullying, identity theft, sexting, etc. You need to be aware of the some of the significant issues around the increasing use of technology by students and your own safe use of platforms such as Facebook or Instagram.
Watch the clips above that deal with issues such as your digital tattoo and cyber safety.
The following resources can be used in the classroom for raising awareness with students about the importance of cyber-safety.
- excellent resources and links developed by the
Australian Communications and Media Authority
More Cybersmart links
- further links
Safe Schools Hub
- There is an online module that you can do to enrich your understanding regarding this significant issue. There is one for pre-service teachers -
Professional learning module
- resources and activities
- resources for teachers
Bullying No Way
- National Safe Schools Framework
- excellent resources and information
- New Zealand government resources and excellent information, such as a guide for using Facebook safely - see below
Victorian Education Department
- information and resources developed by the Victorian Education Department
Computer gaming addiction
- Catalyst segment on gaming addiction
It is worth downloading and reading the following articles.
National Safe Schools Framework:
OLD Cyber Safety document:
Using Facebook safely:
Using Facebook safely.pdf
Gaming addictions - Video games and well being research:
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"